There are a lot of reasons someone may want to undergo eye surgery. Whether they’re trying to treat a disease, clear their vision or look better, eye surgeries are viable options. Talk with your eye doctor in The Villages, FL, to learn more about the procedures available to you. When it comes to cosmetic surgeries, there are a number of different options available. You can have:
- Blepharoplasty: This is a reconstruction of the eyelid that can fix both hereditary and age-related issues. The results from this procedure typically last 10 years. This is the most common cosmetic eye surgery in The Villages and other parts of the country.
- Fat Pad Removal: Puffy eyes may be caused by a fat pad below the eyelid. Doctors can remove this fat pad through surgery.
- Asian Eyelid Surgery: Some people of Asian descent are born without a crease in their eyelid. This surgery creates the crease that some people find to be more visually appealing.
- Skin Tag Removal: There can be skin tags and other growths on eyelids. People affected with this type of growth often wish to have them removed through cosmetic surgery.
- Upper Eyelid Ptosis Surgery: An eyelid can droop for a few different reasons. One of the treatments offered for this problem is a surgery that tightens the levator muscles. Your The Villages optometrist can help you determine what procedure is right for you.
Why do you need eye surgery? Do you have a cosmetic, vision or disease reason? No matter what kind of surgery you’re thinking of having, you need to talk with an eye doctor in The Villages, FL. He or she will be able to go over the risks associated with the surgery. Even cosmetic surgeries can have complications you need to be aware of before you decide to have it. It’s important you note that not all insurances will cover the cost of cosmetic procedures. Talk with your optometrist for more information.